Data Protection Declaration
§ 1: Information about the collection of personal data
- In the following we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that is personally identifiable to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail address, user behavior.
- Responsible according to Art. 4 para. 7 EU Data Protection Basic Regulation (GDPR) is Technische Universität Darmstadt, represented by its president Prof. Dr. Hans Jürgen Prömel, Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing (UKP) Lab at Fachbereich Informatik, Hochschulstr. 10, 64289 Darmstadt, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (see our imprint: https://www.argumentext.de/legal-notice/). You can contact the data protection officer at: email@example.com.
- When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, if applicable your name and/or your telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data accrued in this connection after the storage is no longer necessary or limit the processing if legal retention periods exist.
- If individual functions of our offer are also used by contracted service providers and want to use your data for promotional purposes, we will inform you below in detail about the respective procedure. Thereby, we also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
§ 2: Your rights
- You have the following rights against us with regard to personal data concerning you:
- right to information,
- right to correction or deletion,
- right to limitation of processing,
- right of opposition to the processing,
- right to data transferability.
- You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
§ 3: Collection of personal data when you visit our website
- If you use the website for information purposes only, hence, if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- date and time of the request
- content of the request (specific page)
- access status/http status code
- website from which the request comes
- language and version of the browser software
- operating system of the accessing computer
- the region (e.g. federal state) from which our website was accessed.
- In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are assigned on your hard disk to the browser you use and through which the place that places the cookie (here by us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
a. This website uses so-called persistent cookies, the functionality of which is explained below. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
b. You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
§ 4: Further functions and offers of our website
In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. To do so, you may be required to provide other personal data that we use to provide the respective services and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
In particular, if you use the text/search field provided on the website, we save the search term you have entered together with the information specified under § 3. Our goal is to continuously improve our offer with the help of the saved search queries.
For some of our services (e.g. search for arguments) you can also access them via a programming interface (API). In this case, registration is required to generate a personalized key for access to the programming interface. We store the data provided in the registration form and the corresponding key for the duration of the validity of the key. In the case of the use of services via the programming interface, we store the data mentioned under § 3 and § 4.
§ 5: Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
- If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. Such a revocation influences the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have given it to us.
- If we base the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary for the fulfilment of a contract with you, which is described by us in the following description of the function. When exercising such objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your reasonable objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons for protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing.
§ 6: Integration of OpenStreetMap
- On our website we use the offer of OpenStreetMap. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and allows you to use the map function.
- By visiting the website, the provider receives the information that you have called up the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data specified in § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted.
§ 7: Integration of reCAPTCHA
In certain cases, we use the reCAPTCHA service of the company Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). This service can be used to distinguish between input by a natural person and input by an automated program (bot). This allows us to protect our service from automated spying and SPAM. Personal data (e.g. IP address, access location and time) and possibly other data required by Google for the service reCAPTCHA are forwarded to Google.